The Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) service is managed by Catholic Education Office (CEO) Rockhampton for and on behalf of the Approved Provider – The Roman Catholic Trust Corporation for the Diocese of Rockhampton. The principal of the school, working closely with the OSHC coordinator, Early Learning & Care Coordinator and Assistant Director: Schools are responsible for the overall operation and management of the service. Additionally, this service is provided with ongoing support through the Catholic Education Office.
The service aims to provide play and leisure-based learning experiences for children in a caring and nurturing after school environment. It is through the dedication of our qualified staff that we can support every child’s spiritual, physical, social, intellectual and emotional abilities.
As an approved service we are committed to the following:
- Advocating for the rights and best interests of the child;
- Viewing children as successful, competent and capable learners;
- Promoting equity, inclusion and diversity;
- Valuing Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures;
- Respecting and supporting the role of parents and families;
- Providing best practice through the provision of qualified educators;
- Communicating regularly with families;
- Providing a program that supports children to build positive relationships with others, develop their emotional well-being, motor development and wonder about their world and God. (Please refer to our service’s philosophy for a comprehensive statement of beliefs)