CATHOLIC EDUCATION WEEK
Catholic Education Week 2017 will be held from Sunday 23 July - Saturday 29 July and will focus on the theme, “Sharing the Journey”. The week’s celebrations commence with a mass at St Joseph’s cathedral on Saturday evening, 22 July at 6pm. I look forward to a strong turnout from the staff, parents and students of St Joseph’s Wandal. Students should be in full school uniform and they are most welcome to sit with the staff.
During Catholic Education Week, we have a variety of exciting events planned! These include:
- A prayer to begin Catholic Education Week on Monday 24 July, led by Year 3H. Prayer will be held in the Quadrangle at 8.35am.
- Mass will be held in the School Hall on Wednesday 24 July at 9am. Year 3 Classes and Year 6 students will be participating.
- On Wednesday 26th July, Samara Thompson from St Vincent de Paul will present in the School Hall at 12pm
- A visit to the Benevolent Aged Care Facility (for Year 6 Mini Vinnies students) from 9.30am Friday 28th July.
- An Under 8’s morning of celebrations to be held on Friday, 28th July – parents and younger siblings welcome.
- A Shared Picnic Lunch to follow our Under 8’s activities. Please join us, with a hat and your lunchbox for a picnic!
- Viewing of our Catholic Education Week class videos to be held in the School Hall at 8.40pm.
Challenge Cup was held at St. Brendan's College, Yeppoon. The St Joseph’s Wandal rugby league team tried hard to get a win and came home with two well-deserved tries. The netball team came home with two wins and one tie. This was a great experience for all of us and even though the rugby league team had many challenges it was still an enjoyable experience and a great way to form new relationships with other schools. Saul
The Challenge Cup Netball and Rugby League Carnival event was held at Saint Brendan’s Yeppoon. It was held on Wednesday 12 July. There were 31 schools competing from the Rockhampton Diocese. St Joseph’s Wandal Netball team lost six games, drew one and won two. The Saint Joseph’s Wandal Football team lost all of their games but they did score points and worked extremely hard throughout the competition. All of the participants have represented our school well and have showed great sportsmanship. Zoe
MICHAEL MANGAN CONCERT
Michael Mangan is a composer, teacher and music liturgist who has presented concerts and workshops for students, teachers and parish musicians throughout Australasia and North America. Today Michael performed many of our favourite liturgical songs including Holy Spirit Rock, Let’s Celebrate, Moving On, Reaching Out, Hearts On Fire and Cosmic Hymn of Praise.
PREP ENROLMENT FOR 2018
If you have a younger child, or know of another family wishing to enrol their child in Prep at St Joseph’s Wandal, please complete an enrolment application as soon as possible. Enrolment forms can be downloaded online, or alternatively can be collected form the school office.
Prep Parent 2018 Information Night – Our Parent Information Night was held last Thursday night and I thank the many parents who attended. Enrolment interviews are now underway and it is lovely to see so many people interested in attending our school. Many people enrol here purely because of ‘word of mouth’ and I thank our current families for the positive way in which you speak about the work we do here and for being great ambassadors for St Joseph’s Wandal.